Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring into the Latest Trends

With daylight savings creeping up on us this weekend there is no better time to discuss Spring Trends then the present. Lets face it; that bulky ski jacket you wore all winter is yesterday's news and I've hit some of the cities hottest stores to dish up this seasons chic-est attire. Gentlemen I didn't forget about you, so don't click that little red "X" just yet.

After "The 70's Show" had its run I thought the 70's were put to rest but that is not the case this Spring. One seventies inspired trend that is making me endlessly giddy is crop tops. No, I do not wear crop tops on a daily basis (or really any basis) but it is my life goal to wear one out in public while in my 20's. Watch out world. This season midriff bearing tops are far from what Britney Spears brought into our world years ago. This season we are encouraged to pair a crop top with a high waist tight skirt or a high waist trouser. Midriff gone classy.


If the midriff look is not for you then consider pairing your high waist pant, skirt, trouser, sweatpants etc with a loose elegant blouse.To complete this look consider a skinny belt. While this look is not as much fun as midriff it is just as cute. To mimic this look consider the Hinge® Tie Front Silk Blouse from Nordstrom.

Stripes have been making their way into the mainstream world this entire year but Spring is really their chance to shine. I've always held on to the wives tale belief that stripes make women look like a hippopotamus. Little did I know that finding the right fit turned hippo to just plain hip. For a casual, everyday stripe look visit local boutiques or Nordy Rack and look for Eight Sixty tops. Stripes is just one of their specialties.

If the 70's look is just too outdated for you then perhaps lace will do the trick. Lace has been around for centuries in an effort to change the fashion world (while seducing men). This season lace is incorporated into tops, bottoms, jewelry and as always, underwear. Find something that works.

Now I am convinced that we can thank Snookie for this next Spring Trend; animal print. We all know that 4'11 oompa loompa claims to have style but I for one never thought high fashion would take her seriously. Turns out D&G jumped on her bandwagon and is incorporating animal print into their spring collection. You've won this round, Snooks.

This next trend is one that I take advantage of daily; blazers. Ladies blazers are not just for men anymore. In fact, they make me feel like we got our independence all over again. They can be dressed up or down, work or play, sexy or cute ( I can go on for days). The best part is they are everywhere now-a-days and can be found for a dime and nickle. One of my fave blazers is a black two button Frenchi from BP. Check-Check-Check it out!

Now let's talk colors. This season is all about bold "make a statement" "look at me" colors. Anywhere from neon to matte just be bold. What a great way to get that darn bus driver to notice you running after your 8am bus and look fab-u-lous while doing it.

Now no look can be complete without the perfect hair. I've experimented with my hair more times then Charlie Sheen experimented with... well anything. I've gone short, long and everything in between. I am a big fan of this season's hair do; the bob. I think it all started with Jennifer Aniston's haircut earlier this year and the craze is hotter then a southern summer day.

Now Gentlemen....
While it is clear that I am no "man expert" I have a few stylish male amigos and I am ready to take on the challenge of dishing out some advice to my fellow Adams.

First and foremost; nail the basics. There is nothing sexier then a man who has a polished shoe (i.e Salvatore Ferragamo), a grown up watch (i.e Tag Heuer) and a "I mean business" wallet. If you've got those three basics down the rest is easy as pie.

Jeans. Find a fit that fits your booty. There are more styles then every before you you gentlemen out there but just because it's available doesn't mean it's OK. If you're new to the world of designer jeans I suggest you start with a nice pair of bootcut 7 for All Mankind. Nordstrom just marked down their 7 for All Mankind A Pocket River Pool Wash Bootcut Jeans. They have a nice fit, are easy to maintain and you wont rip your hair out paying for them. If you've dabbled in the world of designer butt wear try Rock and Republics (my personal fave) or True Religions.

Sports Jackets. The perfect blend of casual and sophisticated. You can dress them up with a collared button down underneath or dress them down with a simple T-shirt. Hear me when I say you can not lose with a sports jacket.

That is what I will be setting my sights on this Spring. I would love to hear what you fine readers think of these trends. Comment, email, call, tweet, or facebook me!

Xoxo,
SAP

No comments:

Post a Comment