Sunday, March 6, 2011

23

Trends are one of those things that everyone takes part in, whether they want to admit it or not. It seems as though the latest trend is telling the world how old (or in my case young) you are followed by that same number of life lessons. I take any excuse to tell people what I know so I think I am going to hop, skip and jumping right onto this trend. Here goes:





1. Your reputation is your only control in this world. You would be surprised how small this world is.

2. Know your style. As someone who strives to be a fashionista this has been somewhat of a challenge for me. I have spent the majority of my fashion forward days following the style of people I look up to but forgetting to find my own. While it is fun to say I rocked the punk, prep, valley, hobo, upscale, hipi look all in one year I am proud to say I have finally found and accepted my own style. I think this is my best look yet thank you very much ;)

3. Having a pet changes everything.

4. Have a little faith.

5. Don't let someone's opinion become your reality.

6. Family and quality friends will always have your back which is why they come first.

7. Trust your instincts. When you know, you'll know.

8. Know your value and know just what a hottie totty you are. If you don't he/she wont.

9. Listen to Lulu Lemon and stay healthy.

10.Know you're "non negotiable". Mine are never moving away from my family and must own pug. Any guy not down with those is not down with me.

11. Independence is empowering. Have something of your own; a career, a blog, a passion etc.

12. Be the you you would be proud of. Be polite, take showers and brush your teeth.

13. Have a heart, be compassionate. Many people call me a flaming liberal for handing out money to homeless people whenever I can. While I agree that I have a tendency to be naive I can't fathom the idea of eating a delicious meal while someone out there is starving, whatever their reason is.

14. Be a good listener.

15. You're name isn't Judy so don't judge.

16. Quality over quantity

17. Date your best friend. Looks fade.

18. Tell the people you Love that you love them, often.

19. There is nothing wrong with being cliche, corny or a romantic.

20. Attitude can go a long way. Don't be a Debbie Downer.

21. Dress everyday like you're going to get murdered in those clothes.

22. Social Media IS the coolest thing since sliced bread.

23. Remember that you are a work in progress. Strive for change, knowledge, connection, perfection and opportunity.

Those are just some of my thoughts to live by. What are yours? Stay cool and remember to laugh today because laughter is the best remedy. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment