Sunday, October 3, 2010

Accidental Future

Well here it is, the real world. After a whirlwind summer of "finding myself" career-wise I feel as though I am finally getting a grip (knock on wood). August 25th 2010 was my first day in adult land. I got dressed in Rock and Republic jeans, white blazer, and fitted t shirt, jumped in my car and was on my way. Entering the world of SEM. The truth is I had minimal experience with SEM before and i didn't know if that's where I wanted my career to go. I feel like this job was fate. I quickly realized that I was going to get "schooled" in more ways then one. Fast. My first couple weeks have been a lot of things. Exciting. New. Adult. Scary. Good. and Confusing. I feel so fortunate to have a job but is this my life now? I once was a night owl and now it's a challenge to stay awake past 10pm. Can you say grandma? The truth is, i don't mind being a grandma. I think i was always elderly at heart. When everyone was out parting with the "homies" at Pioneer Square my friends and I stayed out till midnight and then came home for some quality late night tube and tea.

I will be the first to admit that I hate change but the real world was something that I have been looking forward to for years. So here it is. Don't worry, updates to come.

Does anyone out there ever make a life plan? Every person over 30 advocates against life plans but I'm a stubborn little thang and am going to give it a shot anyways. If life throws me a curveball i'll probably just miss it because i hate all things baseball ( you would too if the Mariners is who you had to root for). So here goes:

23-24: Maintain and secure a Stable Fulltime Job in Marketing. Engaged?

24-25: Gradschool for Marketing. UW or SU?

24-25: Married. Pug.

26-28: Baby. Young moms rock.

Thoughts? What are your life plans? Am I silly for making them? The truth is, life is unpredicatble and that in itself is freaking scary. My security snuggie is planning, even if those plans don't work out, it's comforting having a soft, cuddly, snuggie.

Now if I could just come up with a "budget" and stop spending all my money on Groupons I could actually afford a real snuggie.



No comments:

Post a Comment