Saturday, September 17, 2011

Five Fab Fall Trends

There are only two good things that come out of summer reaching an end. One is my Birthday (alright, that might be a unilateral view ) and the other is fall fashion.

With all the trends out there today it's hard to pin-point what's right and what's downright ugly. I've attempted to pick five trends that fit the average, sane, stylish gal.

Muted Nail Polish: Essie has a #bauss selection

Since most people don't have the opportunity to paint the walls of their room every week to reflect their latest mood, nail polish is the next best thing. Nothing says rain, cold and wind like muted colors. Some of my faves are "You Don’t Know Jacques"-OPI, Lady Like-Essie, Glamour Purse-Essie, and Power Clutch-Essie.


Jewel Tones
Just because summer is over and we probably wont see sun in Seattle for another 9 months doesn't mean bright colors are out. Colors to consider; emerald green, ruby red and amber. Pair them with dark jeans and you're in business.


Soprano Drape Front Top
Nordstrom-BP
$28
Cut out Dresses/Tops
I am dieing to know how this originated. Did someone have an accident with scissors one night on their way to the discotheque? Or did someone need extra breathing room in their attire (those clubs do get pretty stuffy). I may never have the answer to my question but I will admit that I have fallen for this trend. The right dress can make those abs look buff. The bests part is you don't have to spend an arm and a leg-forever 21 is all over this trend. Like white on rice.

Forever 21 Womens Double Knit Cutout Dress
Forever 21-Out of Stock
$19


Sequins
Like some people's insistence on wearing sweatpants in public the sequins trend is relentless and won't go away. I love anything sparkly and am not complaining one bit. Just be careful not to look like a disco ball. Esp if you're heading to the discotheque.


Adrianna Papell Sequin Shift Dress
Nordstrom
$258



Bright Colored Pants
One strange memory from my childhood is Ronald McDonald's ability to rock bright red pants. Do we all hold this ability? Probably not. But for those of us brave enough to find out we can locate bright colored pants in almost every store. No joke.

Fire Skinny Stretch Denim Jeans
Nordstrom
$42

5 comments:

  1. Love the Adrianna Papell trend...I was wearing my Adrianna Papell dress to officiate a wedding the other day and a woman came up to me and asked, "Is that St. John?" I thought that was quite a complement...

    The bright colored pants? Not so much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes totally love all these fall trends <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those red pants are so great, I need to get some!

    x. jill
    those ghosts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting!!!

    I love the Adrianna Papell dress too-it looks royal. I wasn't sure about the red pants either until i tried them on. Trust me-they're cute :)

    Thanks Carolyn!

    Jill they have those red jeans everywhere now-a-days but the ones featured here were affordable and cute. Forever 21 also has some cute ones for only $27.

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nina,
    I really love your blog! Please email me, I would love to send you some pretty presents from www.ShopWetPaintNails.com and Breeze Comfort sports bras! Much love!!

    Best,
    Alexandra
    AlexandraDiNovi@gmail.com
    www.AlexandraDiNovi.com

    ReplyDelete